The Partnership’s System Performance Initiative helps to build provincial capacity to collect and analyze data on how their cancer control systems are performing, and use this data to inform and drive improvements in cancer control. The effective mobilization of data into action is a key component to ensuring favorable impact is being attained through the collection and dissemination of system performance information.
Since 2009, the System Performance Initiative has published 18 knowledge products. Of the series of reports produced, the annual Cancer System Performance Report is the most comprehensive. This report presents pan-Canadian system performance indicators that span the various dimensions of cancer control (prevention,screening, diagnosis, treatment, end-of-life care, patient experience, research and long-term outcomes) for various cancer sites in the Canadian population. In addition to this larger report, the initiative also produces targeted knowledge products
(sometimes called spotlight reports) that are shorter in length and focus on a particular issue in cancer control.
These knowledge products are designed to provide insight into specific aspects of cancer control through more detailed indicators and other exploratory information, which help contextualize and explain pan-Canadian performance across selected dimensions of the cancer control continuum. The target audiences for knowledge products are determined in advance; and are mainly targeted to the cancer control community with particular focus on health system administrators, policy specialists, clinicians and researchers. The general goal of these knowledge products are to provide target audiences with information and knowledge to inform their work in cancer control and quality improvement. For more information on the Partnership’s System Performance Initiative and its products visit http://www.systemperformance.ca/.
As of 2017, the System Performance Initiative has re-envisioned and implemented a new approach for writing and visualizing data in its System Performance knowledge products; as well as for disseminating these products to target audiences. The new approach was formulated based on results from an earlier evaluation conducted in 2015. This 2015 evaluation involved researching affective methods of communicating health information to various audiences, and gathering feedback on System Performance knowledge products from internal staff and selected external partners.
The Partnership is looking to assess the overall effectiveness of the refreshed system performance knowledge products with the overarching goal of enhancing the reach, intention to use, and use of future System Performance knowledge products by target audiences. The eight (8) key objectives of this evaluation are as follows:
- To determine which segments of the target audiences have been successfully reached, and which segments have not been reached.
- Among the segments of the target audiences whom we are currently reaching, determine if and how these groups are currently using or intending to use the information in their work.
- To identify and elaborate on specific examples of the use of System Performance knowledge products by segments of the target audience.
- To assess the degree to which the knowledge products are meeting the information needs of target audiences.
- To evaluate if the knowledge products are effectively conveying the key messages and calls to action to the target audience.
- To identify factors which enable or inhibit the mobilization of information from System Performance knowledge products into action or behavior change by target audiences.
- To recommend strategies that can be employed by the Partnership to address barriers and enablers of knowledge mobilization (as identified through objective #6), in order to better promote the use of information contained in the System Performance knowledge products by target audiences.
- To recommend strategies that can be implemented by the Partnership in the next two to three years to increase the reach of, and use of information from System Performance knowledge products, by segments of the target audience.
Proponents should reference this RFP number (RFP No. RP460-2018-01) in the subject line of their correspondence.
*Responses to proponents’ enquiries will be provided as enquiries are submitted. Additionally, questions and responses will also be posted on MERX, Biddingo and www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
RFP No. RP460-2018-01
February 26, 2018
Proposal Submission Deadline:
Deadline for proponent enquiries: Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET (Toronto local time)
Deadline for issuing addenda and responses to proponent enquiries: Monday, March 12, 2018
Proposal submission deadline: Monday, March 19, 2018 no later than 3:00 p.m. ET (Toronto local time)
Proponents Enquires e-mail: