From 2007 to 2017, with funding support from the Partnership, multiple provinces implemented information systems to enable pathologists and surgeons to electronically collect discrete (synoptic) data related to cancer diagnosis and surgical treatment. In the clinical setting, the pathology and surgical synoptic reports are used to promote communication among clinicians in a timely manner to drive downstream patient care activities.
Funding support from the Partnership aims at supporting eight jurisdictions (six (6) project teams) to use synoptic data and evidence-based methodologies to:
- Standardize care processes and practices and build a foundation for continuous culture of quality improvement by engaging physicians and interdisciplinary teams in driving innovations in care through implementation of quality improvement initiatives
- Influence uptake of evidence (real-world data) to inform health system planning by facilitating a dialogue with decision-makers
The 6 funded projects are to be completed by March 31, 2022 and are accountable to achieve the following program-level outcomes:
- Effectively leverage synoptic data through feedback reports to identify and address gaps in delivering standardized high-quality diagnosis and treatment to patients
- Form consensus among pathologists and surgeons on gaps which inform implementation of quality improvement initiatives
- Enable pathologists and surgeons to adopt evidence-based practice changes catalyzed by implementation of quality improvement work
- Influence uptake of evidence to inform health system planning and standardize clinical practice.
Through these outcomes, the 6 projects will contribute towards the Partnership’s cancer control short-term, intermediate-term, and long-term outcomes.
The Partnership is responsible for:
- Collection of all quantitative data
- Leading engagement efforts with funded partners
- Providing specifics on evaluation vision, expectations and quality
The successful Proponent is responsible for:
- Developing evaluation execution project plan/ timeline, role, stakeholder engagement process/ method and workback schedule
- Developing qualitative data collection tools
- Supporting engagement efforts with funded partners and engagement materials
- Collection and analysis of qualitative data
- Analysis of quantitative data provided by the Partnership
- Delivery of final evaluation products
The objectives of this evaluation are to:
- Demonstrate the outcomes of implementing synoptic data-driven quality improvement initiatives and the benefits to cancer health systems
- Use real-world evidence to inform decisions within participating organizations and of future work at the Partnership
- Share lessons learned (e.g., barriers and facilitators) to advance and sustain a culture of quality improvement within cancer care settings.
SPECIAL NOTICE: Reference to the budget on Q&A attachment – Question 2, please note that the following was to be included “exclusive of taxes”.
Subscribe to receive email alerts.
RFP No. RP430-2020-01
Awarded to Cathexis
May 19, 2020
Proposal Submission Deadline:
DEADLINE FOR PROPONENT ENQUIRIES Monday June 1, 2020, by 5:00 pm ET
(Toronto local time)
DEADLINE FOR ISSUING ADDENDA &
RESPONSES TO PROPONENT ENQUIRIES
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE Wednesday, June 10, 2020 no later than
3:00 pm ET (Toronto local time)
PROPONENT INTERVIEWS Thursday, July 9 and Friday, July 10, 2020
Proponents Enquires e-mail: