July 31, 2020
Learning opportunities for radiologists can help to deliver optimal quality care
Informal and formal education that enhances radiologist knowledge, competencies and performance can help them improve in specific areas.
How to put this approach into action
Following these steps will help breast cancer screening programs implement education:
- Develop education programs or workshops on how to minimize harms and identify benign diseases.
- Coordinate and share programs across provinces and territories.
What is needed to succeed
- A pan-Canadian group to reduce time and resource constraints and ensure consistency
- Better instructions on what to look for when deciding whether or not to recall
Challenges to overcome
- More value on cancer detection than harm reduction
More approaches on improving abnormal call rates in breast cancer screening with mammography