Strategies to maximize participation in cervical screening in Canada: Catalogue of interventions
February 24, 2010
This document gives highlights from presentations at the Pan-Canadian Cervical Screening Initiative’s Participation workshop in February 2010
This report shares summaries of the presentations from the Pan-Canadian Cervical Screening Initiative’s Participation workshop in February 2010. The overall goals for the Pan-Canadian Cervical Screening Initiative (PCCSI) Participation workshop were to:
- Share knowledge about successes and lessons learned in cervical cancer screening projects to develop strategies.
- Help individuals network who are interested in excellence in cervical cancer screening.
This document is organized into the following four categories:
- Novel Strategies (Social Awareness / Media Campaigns, Educational Strategies, Prevention and Screening Strategies)
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis Women (Educational Interventions, Research and Evaluation)
- Removing Barriers (Evaluation of Enhanced Nurses’ Roles in Screening, Provision of Community Grants, Combination of Various Screening Programs)
- Evaluation (Educational Materials, Pilot / Research Projects, Program Evaluation and Geographic Information Science Evaluation Projects)