Coordinator, People & Culture
The Partnership’s Finance and Corporate Services Division leads all services to secure a sound financial platform and ensure that the organization has the technical, operational, infrastructure, people and culture and change management capabilities necessary to achieve the maximum impact for its mandate and budget. The team works alongside all divisions in managing financial aspects of programs and initiatives that aim to deliver on the eight priorities of the 2019-2029 Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control.
The Coordinator, People & Culture supports the People & Culture department in carrying out projects and initiatives to achieve organizational priorities. Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, the incumbent coordinates and provides support to deliver on program/project objectives. As a highly organized professional with strong time management skills, this position delivers on the tasks of the job while contributing to CPAC’s overall vision to reduce the burden of cancer on all Canadians.
Core responsibilities and activities
- People & Culture
- Supports the People & Culture team through administrative coordination of programs, processes, and initiatives. Including the development or enhancement of workflows and documentation that supports these functions.
- Oversees the position management process including request for service intake, coordination of services, management inquiries, and records management.
- Records, monitors, and reports monthly on Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) allocations. Ensuring organizational charts are updated and correct.
- Supports the talent acquisition process by working collaboratively with the Talent Acquisition Specialist to prepare and post job opportunities; coordinate interviews with the interview panel and candidates; draft employment letters; etc.
- Coordinates and monitors onboarding activities with new employees by ensuring that new hire forms are received, completed, and inputted in employee systems; and that mandatory new hire training is complete within timeframes.
- Works collaboratively with the Manager, People and Culture and Corporate Services to ensure employee personal and benefit information is accurate in databases and/or systems through review and cross-referencing. Collects, reviews for eligibility and forwards employee forms for approval and payment (e.g., course reimbursement).
- Coordinates and organizes the Partnership’s recognition activities and programs including event format and logistics; communications; recipient lists; management participation; presentations; award distribution; and other related activities.
- Supports corporate wide Learning and Development activities including organizing virtual learning logistics, access to LinkedIn Learning and maintaining intranet resources.
- Coordinates offboarding activities by ensuring termination information has been entered into employee systems, coordinating exit interview with 3rd party provider, and emailing exit interview instructions to exiting employee, etc.
- Manages the People & Culture general inquiries email inbox. Answering or directing questions related to recruitment, benefits, position management, pay administration, performance management, programs, and initiatives.
- Performs other duties and ad hoc projects as required.
- Assists the Director & Team in the planning and execution of corporate priorities within the organization.
- Ensures regular update and maintenance of People & Culture information on corporate website and internal intranet.
- Addresses and re-directs queries on behalf of People & Culture from internal and external sources.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to facilitate more effective and efficient processes and to ensure policies are consistently adhered to within all functions and divisions.
- Administrative management
- Organizes meeting scheduling and logistics for Director and team, as needed.
- Assists with the preparation of presentations, materials, and reports, according to established formats, procedures and using a variety of software.
- Manages correspondence, databases, records management systems, and paper/electronic filing systems ensuring accessibility of data.
- Working with internal teams (e.g., Learning Opportunities Committee, Workplace Culture Team) the incumbent supports the preparation of meetings by providing all background material, agenda development, minute taking and communication of Action Items.
The Partnership’s core competencies are a key element to reviewing performance. While the duties and responsibilities of a position tell you the “what,” the competencies tell you the “how.” We have developed some universal competencies which we expect to be exhibited by all employees regardless of level or position.
- Undergraduate Degree or College Diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other relevant discipline, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in the non-profit or healthcare sector, supporting a Human Resources team.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive).
- Additional software programs such as Records Management, CRM, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Benefits Systems (SunLife).
- Bilingual in both English and French is an asset.
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter combined in one file in Word or PDF format to:
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Manager, Total Rewards
Remote. The Partnership’s head office is in downtown Toronto. Candidates can work anywhere in Canada.
12 month fixed term contract
Level 4 salary range: $52,326 - $70,794 per year; Compensation offered will be based on an assessment of the candidate’s knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, while ensuring internal equity.
March 17, 2023
April 2, 2023