As the steward of the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control, the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (the Partnership) works with Canada’s cancer community to take action to ensure fewer people get cancer, more people survive cancer and those living with the disease have a better quality of life. The Partnership is funded by Health Canada. Learn more about the Partnership and the Strategy at www.cancerstrategy.ca.
The Partnership’s communication team supports Executive members, six program teams and over 120 staff members across the organization. Our work showcases the value and impact of the Strategy and the Partnership and integrates the perspectives of patients and their families into improvement and implementation efforts.
The Communications team is looking for a motivated individual with an interest in health-care communications to join our team. The Communications Intern position provides on-the-job training for projects and tasks in internal communications, media relations, social media, as well as the opportunity to support the Partnership’s patient and family advisor network. This one-year internship will provide you with a broad range of skills and experience for your communications career along with a well-rounded portfolio of written materials.
Start date: September 2019
Duties may include:
- Supporting the implementation of communications plans for Partnership reports and events
- Supporting daily media and trade media monitoring sent to Executive team and Partnership staff
- Assisting with responses to media requests and securing Partnership or partner spokespeople for comment
- Assisting with writing copy and scheduling posts for the Partnership’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Preparing first drafts and later draft proofing of bios, articles, reports and other communications items for programs teams
- Compiling and distributing the Partnership’s internal staff newsletter and supporting other internal communications activities as assigned
- Supporting the Partnership’s online community for patient and family advisors – Advisor2Advisor
- Other communications duties as assigned
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter combined in one file in Word or PDF format to TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca, noting the position you are applying for in the subject line by July 28, 2019.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Downtown Toronto, near Union Station
Salary from $18 to $20 based on experience
July 11, 2019
July 28, 2019