COVID-19 resources to support and optimize screening restoration
Many screening programs across Canada were temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To support our partners, the Partnership has identified the best available evidence and expert recommendations for continued service provision and prioritization during future outbreaks or service disruptions in the guidance document Management of Cancer Screening Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Building Resilient, Safer and Equitable Screening Services.
The following resources were compiled across pan-Canadian health organizations and partner associations and may be helpful to inform provincial/territorial planning for the restoration of screening services. These resources offer practical guidance and will help organizations provide quality person-centered care and ensure clinical services are not overwhelmed.
Breast cancer screening resources
- Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH): Breast screening literature review
- The Canadian Society of Breast Imaging (CSBI) and the Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR): Guidelines for Breast Imaging during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- CSBI and CAR: Joint Position Statement on COVID-19
- CAR: Radiology Resumption of Clinical Services
- Australian Government: Breast Screening COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Colorectal cancer screening resources
- CADTH: Triage Tools and Management Algorithms for Colorectal Cancer Screening: Guidelines
- Canadian Association of Gastroenterology (CAG): Advice from CAG for Endoscopy Facilities
- CAG: COVID-19: Framework for the Resumption of Endoscopic Activities
- Canadian Association of General Surgeons (CAGS): Guidance for Endoscopy Facilities to Reduce and Delay Transmission of COVID-19 (webinar recording and slides)
Public Health Agency of Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) guidance
- COVID-19 Guidance documents
- Risk-informed decision-making guidelines for workplaces and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic
- CADTH: Resumption of Routine Cancer Screening during the COVID-19 Pandemic : Guidelines
- CADTH: Infection Control
- New Zealand Government: National Screening Programmes at Alert Level 2
Should you have any questions or resources you would like to contribute to this list, please contact email@example.com.